Candidate Privacy Notice
This notice provides candidates with information about the processing of candidate-related information during the recruitment and selection process at NBCUniversal Media LLC, including our subsidiaries and affiliate companies (“NBCUniversal”, “we”, “our” or “us”). This notice does not form part of your contract of employment (where applicable).
For the purposes of recruitment, NBCUniversal needs to collect and process information about candidates. When you provide your information to us, via this site, or via any other means, you consent to your information being collected, used, disclosed, and retained, in accordance with this policy.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The types of information NBCUniversal collects and processes in relation to candidates may include (subject to local requirements) the following:
- Contact details
- Candidate status
- Work history/job data
- Employer feedback / references
- Nationality / visa / right to work permit information (collectively known as “Candidate Information”)
Where permitted by local law we may also collect information such as “Sensitive Candidate Information”, which includes:
- Physical or mental health or condition (including veteran disability)
- Sexual orientation
- Marital status
- Trade union membership
- Criminal history (including commission or alleged commission of a criminal offence)
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Financial information.
If required by local law, your consent may be requested for the processing of sensitive personal data.
These lists are not exhaustive and may be changed and/or added to from time to time.
- HOW WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE USED?
This information will only be processed in relation to your application for a role with NBCUniversal, as described below.
2.1 Information Collection
- Subject to local legal requirements, NBCUniversal may use external service providers to collect, process and/or validate Candidate Information. NBCUniversal requires that any such external service providers will ensure adequate protection for Candidate Information and complies with local legal requirements and NBCUniversal’s privacy and data security standards.
- NBCUniversal may collect candidate feedback and opinions periodically (e.g. surveys) for business purposes, such as improving processes, subject to local legal requirements. You may respond to these surveys voluntarily or may elect not to respond. Your choices in relation to surveys have no bearing on the selection process for any vacancy at NBCUniversal. This policy will be applicable to personal information provided as response to the surveys.
2.2 Disclosure Within NBCUniversal
- To operate as a global business and to promote your career within NBCUniversal, it may be necessary to process and transfer Candidate Information between NBCUniversal businesses. This may involve transferring Candidate Information outside your country of residence (including to the US for non-US residents), to countries which are not regarded as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by your local legislation.
- Processing and/or transfer of Candidate Information and release of information within NBCUniversal and/or to third parties outside your country of residence is subject to local law and, where required, will be subject to your consent, as well as ensuring adequate security measures.
2.3 Disclosure to Third Parties
- NBCUniversal may be obliged to disclose certain Candidate Information to third parties such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, for risk management purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations.
- It may be necessary to disclose certain Candidate Information to a vendor or contractor organization that supplies services which require the use and/or creation of Candidate Information.
- HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We respect the privacy rights and interests of our candidates, the following principles will be applied when dealing with Candidate Information.
3.1 Data Privacy Principles
- Candidate Information will be collected for the purposes specified in this Policy and only used accordingly.
- We will not collect more information than we need for the recruitment purposes described in this Policy.
- Candidate Information will not be kept longer than is appropriate or necessary for recruitment purposes or in accordance with local legal requirements.
- Candidate Information will be collected, used and retained in accordance with your legal rights.
3.2 Candidate Data Security
- NBCUniversal takes appropriate procedural, technical, physical & organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access, misuse, loss, disclosure, alteration, destruction or damage to Candidate Information.
- NBCUniversal ensures adequate security to protect manual and electronic processing of Candidate Information and prevent its misuse, subject to local legal requirements and as applicable in the circumstances.
- NBCUniversal ensures adequate security is observed by third parties and affiliates processing Candidate Information and Sensitive Candidate Information on behalf of NBCUniversal, as required by law or as appropriate under the circumstances.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- You are encouraged to ensure that the Candidate Information you provide to NBCUniversal is kept up to date and amend any information which is inaccurate or out of date (e.g. address).
- If you disagree with the accuracy or completeness of any Candidate Information, and you wish to rectify it, or you wish to exercise your rights of cancellation or objection, please notify your NBCUniversal recruitment contact. NBCUniversal will endeavour to resolve any issues concerning your Candidate Information in accordance with relevant procedures.
- Where your local law provides, you may have a right of access to the information that NBCUniversal holds about you, such as the source of the data, the purposes for which it has been collected, processed and transferred, and the recipients of such data. In order to exercise this right, or to discuss any concerns or questions you have about this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
- For US and Canada related queries: Chief Privacy Officer, NBCUniversal Legal Department, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112, US; or
- For all queries from outside the US and Canada: Chief Privacy Officer, NBCUniversal Legal Department, Central Saint Giles, St. Giles High Street, London, WC2H 8NU, UK.
Last updated 03 December 2015.